apology

Mark Bassett (mbasset@iconn.net)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 20:28:28 GMT

On Thu, 25 Apr 96 14:05:33, you wrote:

>I re-read my post about Ron Wyatt today and realize that I probably
>shouldn't have been so sarcastic. While I'm still strongly skeptical about
>Wyatt's claims, I should have stated my criticisms more directly. My
>comments were not directed toward anyone on this list. I apologize if they
>were offensive to anyone's sensibilities.

After visiting his web site last night, I found myself surprised at
the limited sarcasm. Wyatt's "Noahs Ark" exibit is advertised with a
one for one copy of the poster from the  movie "Raiders of the Lost
Ark". His presentation is sideshow-ish. One expexts to see two headed
cows and pygmies in his trailer. His proximity to Dollywood in
Gatliburg where hoards of bible-belters and Canadians cruise the
Disney path in search of "Christian Entertainment" is no accident.

Vendyl Jones happens to be the living model for the fictional
character, Indiana Jones. Take a look, in contrast, at the modest
claims of Vendyl Jones. Review Jones' spiritual orientation, which
ought to be of great interest.

These two characters are MILES apart, and yet there is reason for
skepticism in both cases. Wherever the words "filthy lucre" are
brought to mind, we are justified in considering the claims very
carefully. There is a terrific market for sensational prophecy related
stuff in "Christian America".