Finding the Ark

Mark Bassett (mbasset@iconn.net)
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 22:32:24 GMT

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 02:25:38 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>In all sincerity, I ask that we do not propagate these Pentecostal
>prevarications.

Once again Bro., that is quite a accusation. Prevarications ? Lies ?
did you REALLY mean to charge the people of God foolishly ?

>I don't doubt there is a man who attends a church Pastored
>by Bro. Dillion and takes care of red heifers, but I would be most
>interested to see if there *is* any documentation of the Israeli government
>requesting such a thing.

The deals have nothing to do with the Israli government, which is
secular, as we all know... (but most of all the Orthodox know very
well which is why there remains so many observant Jews in Brooklyn and
other similar places today). They are made with rabbinical
authorities, and interested parties in Israel.

It is ALSO true, for the sake of those on the other side of the
argument, that these authorities are by no means the only rabbinical
power in Orthodox Judaism and are indeed scoffed at by some. I have
this on first person authority of a man who was a very high ranking
rabbi in Jerusalem who was baptized in Jesus' name several years ago,
and in the course of events lost his position as a result. The game is
not over yet.

Suffice it to say that, when you preclude Israel as a significant
entity (perhaps as a result of subscribiung to replacement or identity
theology), subordinate matters such as this fail to interest you.

However, I for one, *am* interested in the signs of the times, and of
course I am interested in the people of God beit secular or spiritual,
and believe the pain that this world experiences while the fulness of
Gentiles comes to pass is very, very meaningful to my Lord and God,
Jesus Christ.

-mwb