Heretics

Mark Bassett (mbasset@iconn.net)
Thu, 04 Jul 1996 15:34:48 GMT

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996 14:44:32 -0400, you wrote:

>>As our children become bolder and witness more in the open, the
>>persecution will become more prevalent... Be prepared!!
>>
>>The Love of Jesus to you all. In his holy name, Amen.
>
>I don't understand what they are afraid of.  However they act, we must
>only show them the warmth of God's love.

I have to say, I have read and enjoyed this thread, agreeing with
*alomst* everything everyone wrote. (Yes, I liked Bro.. Kimballs
article too). Even the contradictory stuff - I agreed with both sides.

The truth is that the message of the identity of Jesus Christ is of
the utmost importance. It is the chief and primary massage of the
revelation of God. if we are retain the truth and have something to
witness then we will also have the power to witness. In the mighty
baptism of the Holy Ghost is contained the glory to enthrone the truth
which can set men and women across this world free, but God left it to
us to remain faithful to His name.

As we grow and are strengthened and find manifold means of bringing
the Apostolic gospel to this world we will see revivial and
persecution there is no numerical or statistical relationship, but we
WILL see reaction.  we also have a new program called PUSH (Pray Until
Something Happens). That something is revivial & persecution, again,
in no predictable proportion. I believe this fatihful confidence has
grown throughout the fellowship.

Perhaps that is why the United Pentecostal Church shows growth figures
23 percentage points ahead of the nearest competetor for the last
recent period.

To the young lady who cautions to warn people about the hatred they
will face I will say this: If their preachers provide them with
anointed ministry, placing the truths of the doctrine deep in their
souls, and they separate themselves to know God, they will view *any*
reaction they receive with a Godly perspective.

We are beyond the place where we need to be concerned about Oneness
Pentecostals having an identity crisis. Those who expect to accepted
and treated as nice Christians with a funny twist on the godhead and
salvation, are deeply confused about their experience in the first
place. Sadly there are many churchs which still try to lead a nice
Sunday to Sunday life seated safely on the tradition of American
Christiandom. They are finding this cushion is eroding and failing
very quickly, and the unfortunate reaction is to attempt to cloister
and appease (with facilities, programs, and recreation) rather than
looking to god for the revival that will keep them. I have to say,
there is no alterative to revival for American  churches.

I realize there are international readers (such as the many from
Singapore whose post I enjoyed heartily). No doubt these principles
apply there also, but due to unique origins, the USA has some special
needs and I feel these posts brought some of that out.

Do you think the Ethiopians worry about being "on guard" against
persecution ? I am sure that Bro. Tecklemarion has taught that church
to remain "on guard" against carnality and failure to renew the supply
of oil immediately before the coming of the Lord. Persecution and
revival will become a way of life as we put aside cares of this world
and seek our God.

-mwb