Heretics and the Universal Triune Organization

Brenda Ray (puah@n-link.com)
Fri, 05 Jul 1996 16:11:50 -0500

Charles Ormsbee wrote:

> At 02:45 PM 7/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Still, we must be warry as wolves... At some
> >point, we must shake the dust off our feet. By being prepared I mean
> >letting the new comers know what they  are getting into. Most of the
> >people  who are new to the Pentacostal church are not aware that such a
> >great deal of animosity exists towards Oneness believers.
>
> As a trinitarian christian, I must say that I'm still quite unaware of this
> universal animosity as well. While there are probably some very ignorant and
> immature individuals who would take their theological disagreements to such
> a personal level, in my experience most would not. Is this perhaps a
> regional thing...? A big AMEN to Bro. Kimbrell's very wise and beautiful
> instruction- loving your enemies IS the most Christ-like biblical response
> to persecution (both perceived and real).
>
> >I was
> >unprepard for it myself. No one told me I would be spit at, called a
> >heretic and shunned for my  beliefs. I thought all christians were the
> >same and I was entering into a hugh fold of sheep that would be
> >supporting me as I stood against the evil one. Instead, I was told by
> >those sheep that I was filled with the spirit of the evil one. Later,
> >After much studying and learning I came to understand the reasons for
> >their hate and fear.
>
> I'm saddened that this has been your experience with a few bad apples. When
> I was in the UPC I was taught to expect this kind of treatment, but in all
> my years there I never experienced this. I may have experienced a little
> persecution by the world for my general christian beliefs but not in regards
> to my monarchianism. (Unless of course you consider my faithful tuning into
> the "Bible Answer Man" radio program persecution. But, looking back it seems
> more like masochism than real persecution... ;-\) I don't have any reason to
> doubt your experience but I do think we should think twice before projecting
> one's own bad experience as the norm for everyone. The only fruit from this
> is needless paranoia.
>
> >If we are correct, then they are not saved.... If
> >they are correct, then we are not saved.....
>
> Believe it or not, there are many trinitarians besides myself (even within
> the much maligned Assemblies of God!!) who do consider oneness folks fellow
> christians and very much saved....
>

> >       In my  heart, I do not believe that Jesus wants it to be this
> >way. Perhaps, as you say, there is a way through the Love of Christ. But
> >I believe it will only get worse, not better,  proir to the coming of
> >Jesus. I think we should get better prepared to inform the new members
> >what to expect from the other denomonations.
> >

> With all due respect, I think the absolute WORST response would be to teach
> new believers "what to expect" from other denominations. As before, one's
> own experience isn't necessarily the norm for everyone else. From my own
> [...]
would like to invite all who disagree with me to join the #jesus-loves-u
channel on Dal.net and openly express your oneness views and see for
yourself... The next time you see a group of young peopl in a parking
lot witnessing.. Talk to them about Acts and the example of the
Apostles. I would like to say that I agree with those who believe in the
trinitarian formula but to do so would be to deny Jesus and his Single
Diety. For I believe that Jesus is "One" person and he is God, not one
of a three person Godhead.
	I would like to think that the trinitarians are full of the Love
of Christ, but history has shown that they are more then willing to
kill, burn and destroy all who disagree with them. The only reason they
are placient today, in this country, is because such activity is against
the law.