Baptism of Fire (fwd)

Richard Masoner (richardm@cd.com)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 14:43:36 -0500 (CDT)

Please respond directly to Mr Parker, thgough Cc'ing the H-F list
would also be appropriate.

Richard M.
--
Forwarded message:
>From goldnoil@texhoma.net Tue Jul  9 09:09:03 1996
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 1996 08:54:39 -0500
From: Darryl Parker <goldnoil@texhoma.net>
To: richardm@cd.com
Subject: Baptism of Fire

I am doing a study concerning the baptism of fire, which was prophesied by John the
Baptist in Matthew 3:11, and was wondering what is the Pentecostal view concerning this
particular prophesy?

Some denominations believe that the baptism of fire is synonymous with the baptism of
the Holy Spirit, while others believe that it is a reference to judgment.  All that I am
looking for is a summary of the Pentecostal interpretation of this prophesy, such as
from a Pentecostal commentary.

Would you be so kind as to assist me in this request for information?

Thank You!

Darryl Parker