Prairienet (Higher-Fire) problems

Tyler Nally (tnally@csci.csc.com)
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 07:46:37 -0500

Greetings Saints in Jesus name!

This message is coming to you directly from me personally, Bro. Tyler,
for reasons of Prairienet listproc email type problems.  The list I used
to send this message out is from a "review" of the subscribers of the
that is approximately 2 weeks old (June 17, 1996).  If you know of someone
that's been around since, please forward this message to them so they can be
informed as well as you....

In summary, there's been Prairienet problems with the listproc and email
beginning last Friday or so.  That explains why there's been few postings
since and even the posts I approved on Sunday were somehow chewed up by the
machines there.  All I got back was an error notification to the listowners
about how it couldn't open up the subscriber list and expand the list of
of subscribers for outgoing mail....  It was really peculiar...

As you probably have deduced by now, there's been much trouble
going on lately at prairienet.org (where the Higher-Fire list is
host).  This has caused a whole bunch of problems that have been
related to all email incomming- and outgoing- to Prairienet.  It's
resulted in a complete re-install of one of Prairienet's machines
that functions as the WWW and internet mail servers for Prairienet.

Included, you'll find the latest message that they (the folks at
Prairienet) have sent us (the information providers/owners) to keep
us informed as to what's going on with Prairienet and their problems

-> From ipc@prairienet.org Tue Jul  2 06:31 CDT 1996