black church fires -

Mark Bassett (mbasset@iconn.net)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 18:42:50 GMT

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 10:24:00 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>"Race" is an arbitrary classification anyway.

Really ?

> If you prevent "interracial" marriage, the result is inbreeding and its resultant
>problems like mental retardation and so on.  Hybrid vigor is good; it's
>why mutts are so much more intelligent and healthier than purebreds.

Every coin has two sides. When one neglect one in favor of the other
in public forums, it is called political correctness.

Every wholesome crop is the result of specialization after *selective*
hybridization. Applied control does indeed produce results. This is
true when considering the application of the word of God to our lives,
through the willful submission to the foreign image of Jesus Christ,
which transforms us, and it is true in terms of ther disciplines such
as studious intellectual pursuits which produces expertise, power and
extends the boundaries of understanding.

However, when we discuss these things as pertains to human beings, the
result is eugenics.. I find it interesting that those who would find
such discussion abhorrent when approached from one side, eagerly
endorse it from the other.

I believe the reasons that people marry are called destiny,
preference, desire, and fulfillment. Beyond that, I find all
speculations regarding racism and efforts to sociologically
stereotype, especially with the premise of it being a spiritual
interest to be very presumptuous.

I have seen implications here that people who would actually prefer to
marry someone of their own race are in some way demented, or afflicted
with racism.

We thank God that the Lord Jesus Christ has, through the New Birth
actually set us free from the judgements of society, no matter WHAT
view tends to be the majority view.

-mwb