Church of God in Christ

Benny Santos (bacsanto@acs.ucalgary.ca)
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:06:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Douglas Ingalls wrote:

> Benny Santos,
> Thanks for sending me your commentary! It is very interesting.
> I encourage you to keep an eye out for crusades conducted by Gordan
 > Mallory. God has spoken to him for a 1 million soul apostolic revival
in
> the Phillipines - praise God!
>
> I agree with you that baptism is essential and must be done in the name
> of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, but what is that
> name?   JESUS!
>
> _________________________________
> Douglas W. Ingalls...dwi@borg.com

Hi Brother Douglas!

Yes, all  demonstrations of baptisms after the ascension of Christ was in
the Name of Jesus. We believe that the Name Jesus, the Name of God given
to Christians, is the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
There is only One Name. Yes, by tradition we baptize according to the
commission (Matt 28:19), but we always believed the statement is
synonymous with the name Jesus Christ. Personally, I'm not sure with the
rest of my church, I didn't distinctly notice that the disciples in Acts
were baptizing in the Name Jesus, until I heard of the Oneness Pentecostal
movement. I should make note of that perhaps in the commentary.
Thank you Brother!

					-Bro. Ben