For your information

Dave (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:29:48 -0700

Doris Ross wrote:
> Brother, I don't quite agree with you. Maybe hate is too strong of a >word for the way the feel about us (contempt, might be )...although...I >been called a heretic, that I would go to hell and and and... On the >other hand,  Jesus said "you'll be hated by all men for my name's sake" >and I have found  this quote to be true a lot of times. :) We are the >people of the name and  the devil doesn't like it...he would like to >intimidate us, would like to  discourage us and what better way to do >that than to tell us...."awww hey,  they don't really hate you ... now >don't you feel bad for this non-Christian  attitude...how could you >ever think they hated you". No, brother, they don't  hate us...but they >strongly dislike what we stand for, the name that we bear  and our >revelation of truth. Why?
> Let's face it brother, we are hated by all men for his name's sake :)

Dave responds:
I read in Proverbs 16:7:
When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at
peace with him.

I have known of individuals from the Oneness position advertise in their
local papers challenging Trinitarians to debate. In your comment above,
you do acknowledge that they "dislike" what we stand for. Well, the same
is true for Oneness...they strongly dislike what they, the Trinitarians
believe. So what's the difference besides theology?

Why can't we just accept the fact that Trinitarians disagree with
Oneness and Oneness disagree with Trinitarians without accusing one
another of hating? There is nothing wrong with disagreeing. Maybe they
don't understand something as you or I. And by the way, I have known of
Trinitarians who have written songs about the name of Jesus. They love
the name of Jesus. It's wrong to accuse them of not loving the name of
Jesus.

Though one may disagree strongly with the others point of view, let us
never be guilty of misrepresenting the others we may disagree with
doctrinally lest we are guilty of bearing false witness.