For your information

Dave (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:37:50 -0700

G.W. Sullivan wrote:
>"...the vehemence that is exhibited against
> the oneness doctrine, is prompted by the same spirit that has caused >the death of countless apostolic believers since the first century; and >I must address Robert Brown's amen to your post. Yes! Jesus was >crucified for standing up to the religious leaders of his day; but, if >you are of a mind to do less, you will not make it. Jesus said if you >seek to save your life you will lose it; but, if you will lose your >life for HIS sake, you will find it. Don't fool yourself; when the word >talks about being hated of all men for his names' sake, it didn't mean >just a disagreement.

Dave responds:
Have you ever read "Foxes Book Of Martyers"? If you haven't, you might
find it interesting that people died for the Gospels sake. Many were not
Oneness. And also, I gave up my life several years ago when I gave my
heart and life over to Jesus Christ. It is no longer I who lives, but
Christ the Anointed who lives through me. So yes, I will make it inspite
of my short comings because His grace is sufficient.

G.W. Sullivan continues:
>  As to the Pastor who has a small home mission with 15 people, I can't
> judge him. I don't know if he is being too harsh, or it just seems >that way to those who want to find reasons for compromise. That's >between him and God.

Dave responds:
Yes, according to those who have left, he was a bit too harsh. There's
nothing wrong with conviction...but he may have stepped beyond his
authority. On this, the Lord will judge him.

G.W. Sullivan continues:
>  Again, comment, refute, and reject, but I've said what's on my heart.
> God will try every man's works. I have to answer to God just as you >do.

Dave responds:
Absolutely! But just because you do something a certain way for a long
time doesn't mean it's right. For example, there was a lady who made a
U=turn and hit a little boy on a bicycle. The police officer taking the
report told the lady that she was at fault. She replied "No it's not.
The little boy got in my way." The officer said "Ma'am, there's a sign
posted that says 'No U-Turns'". She continued "Well, I've been making
U-turns now for 25 years." My point: Just because someone has been doing
things a certain way for so many years does not necessarily mean it's
the right way. Again, Jesus said if they are not against Him, they are
for Him.