True Story!!

Robert Donald Taylor (roblin@bellsouth.net)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 00:00:11 -0500

--------------0285CE7BFDCDAE75B9406BC6

This is a true story--Always let God shine in us!!

--------------0285CE7BFDCDAE75B9406BC6

From: "robert d. taylor" <roblin@bellsouth.net>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Subject: To God Be all the Glory!
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:51:18 -0500

I had to run some errands one morning, you know the usual, pick up milk,
bread, pay a  couple bills.  You know the regular things we do.  My wife had
a pair of shoes that needed shoe repair, so I told her I would drop them off
at the shoemakers.  I had my granddaughter with me, so being a toddler, was
all over me.  I sorry to say, but when all these things are on your mind, it
is hard to be in most spiritual mode.  (we are still human. Ha!)
I stopped at the shoemakers  last. Got out , took the baby out, got the
shoes, and went inside the shop.  As I entered, I noticed at once the lady
behind the counter.  She had a look about her that caught my eye.  She
looked hurt!!  As though, the weight of the world was on her shoulders.
The Lord spoke to my Heart to be Extra nice to that lady.  She asked if she
could help me in a gruff manner, rather harsh.    Now, the Lord said to be
nice, so I kindly told her of the work that  needed done to the shoes.  She
still was kinda naughty.   After
conducting the business, I looked at her and said, " you look like you have
had a bad day, do you feel well?"
The lady's whole attitude changed immediately.  She told me she did, in
fact, have a bad day and she was ill.
The Holy Ghost moved through me, and I said," lady God can touch you", I
will be praying for you.
She rather stood back, looked me straight on and said, Your one of them,
aren't you?  Your a Pentecostal!  I  don't know what it is about you people,
but somehow you all look alike. (???? )  I told my husband, they must wear
some "kind of religious makeup" to make them glow the way they do.
I didn't say that, the lady said that.  With all humbleness, it was the
Spirit of God the Lady sees in the Holy Ghost filled person life, and in
mine that day.

That incident taught me a great lesson that day.  Always present yourself as
a Christian, conduct yourself as Christian, and people will know, and see
you are a child of God.   You don't have to tell  them anything, if you act
as a Christian, they will see Christ in you.

By the way, I did tell her I didn't have make-up on!!   HA! HA! HA!

--
Robert D.Taylor
"there is none other God but one"

--------------0285CE7BFDCDAE75B9406BC6--