God is our Strenghth!!

Robert Donald Taylor (roblin@bellsouth.net)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 00:04:09 -0500

--------------C9123566FCBBF18BFF2F7DF6

From: "robert d. taylor" <roblin@bellsouth.net>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Subject: Sounds of Pentecost: another testimony<<<<<GOD>>>>>#4
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 00:28:34 -0500

I don't understand the workings of God!!  I wonder at His Greatness and His
power. Through the years I have experienced many things with God. He is
truly a personal Savior, as our Baptist friends are constantly proclaiming.
This is a very personal testimony that I am sharing.
In late 1970's, I lost my brother.  He was killed.  The death, and the way
he died was just about more than I could bare.  He and I were close, we
stayed together as children, slept, ate done everything together, even
double dated.  I thought I could not handle the whole situation.  All during
the funeral preparations, and couple days before the services, are all so
vivid to me.  I can only remember a few things, my wife had to take control
of my immediate family (two small children).
My wife kept telling me to trust in the Lord.  He would be our strength.  I
knew that, but it is hard sometimes when the flesh and spirit is hurting,so
much.
We went through the long afternoon, the night and next morning at the
funeral home, and then it came time to go to the church for the services.
Most of the people came by to say last respects and had gone on out.  All
that was left was the family.  I was one of the last to go by the coffin.
Then it happened!!  As I stood there looking at the lifeless body, of my
beloved brother, I felt the presence of the Holy Ghost all around me.  It
was like a shot of energy hit me.  I could barely move.  As I leaned over to
kiss my brother, I begin to speak to him.  Everything( I knew what I was
saying) I said came out in Tongues.  The Lord proved to me again that He was
my personal Savior.  I was refreshed, the horrible grief lifted and even in
sorrow, there was joy!!
I do not know why God manifest Himself, with me praying in Tongues, but He
is God and He can do what He desires.  Praise God!

--
Robert D.Taylor
"there is none other God but one"

--------------C9123566FCBBF18BFF2F7DF6--