For Your Information

Dave (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:30:43 -0700

G.W. Sullivan wrote:
> I've tried to stay out of this, but this is silly compromise, "can't we
> just get along?" reasoning. I want to ask you a question Dave; What do
> you believe are the pre-requisites for getting to heaven? Don't beat
> around the bush, answer honestly, and concisely.

Dave:
I'm not sure if I should continue. I quote scripture to support my
view...and you feel I'm compromising? Why get personal all of a sudden?
You see, I will reason, but will not engage in getting personal. So
maybe I should just quote Eph.2:8-9.

G.W. Sullivan writes:
>  The word of God is the *judge*. If we quote the Bible, are you saying
> that's wrong? Sorry, your "touchy feely" theology is off base.

Dave:
Let's not get personal brother. I quoted the Bible too, i.e., Luke 6:37
& James 2:13, but did you take heed to it? I didn't word that in the
Bible. So it's not my theology.

G.W. Sullivan continues:
>  Jesus called the religious leaders snakes and vipers. He called them
> hypocrites. They claimed to believe in God, but crucified the Messiah.
> Jesus and the apostles are the examples we have to pattern our lives
> after. If you know the truth and do not share that knowledge with those
> who do not; you are not only a partaker of their deeds, but, their blood
> is on your hands.

Dave:
So do you go around calling everyone who belongs to another denomination
snakes, vipers, and hypocrites? Our Lord had reason to do so. It's
because they were hypocrites. Trinitarians love the Lord too. They are
no where near what the Pharisees were. Read Matthew 23.

G.W. Sullivan:
>  You try to equate what is said here on this forum (supposedly among
> apostolics) with the approach taken with those who believe differently.
> That is a mistake! *WE* (apostolics)are supposed to know better. *WE*
> have "bought the truth, and sold it not". *WE* speak the truth in love.
> *WE* in meekness, instruct those who oppose themselves. It really
> concerns me when I hear you berating those who stand, uncompromisingly
> for God's plan of salvation. If we can not express this truth in a forum
> such as Higher Fire without a repremand, something's out of place.
> Showing mercy, and refraining from judgement (which you are doing in
> each post) does not mean to compromise the truth.

Dave:
Why do you take the "Us VS Them" mentality? There are some on this forum
that don't take the approach as far as you. They know better to let God
be God in His sovereignty. You single me out as if I'm the only one with
a loose theology. I'm not interested in the "Us VS Them". It's not about
that. It's about "Let God Be God" for once. If God chooses to save a
person...so be it. He said that He would have mercy on who He has mercy.
By the way, my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. I've repented, been
baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, and have the baptism of the Holy
Ghost. I live a godly life. So what's your point? If I don't do it the
way you think, I'm lost? No way brother! I'm saved and know it! Glory!