[Fwd: And you say we are Cults!!]

Robert Donald Taylor (roblin@bellsouth.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:05:33 -0500

--------------2882A0E283A548F67021DE48

This is a response to one of my posts by a ex-oneness.  Had been Oneness
for nearly 40 years.  See how the devil works.

Robert D. Taylor

--------------2882A0E283A548F67021DE48

From: "Billy Jones" <billyj@worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Subject: Re: And you say we are Cults!!
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:19:14 -0500

kev <kev@cs.adelaide.edu.au> wrote in message
news:37C9C750.55E9440F@cs.adelaide.edu.au...

> Robert Donald Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Maybe I am reading my Bible wrong, these old eyes aren't what they
> > used to be.  Please help me understand this.
> > Does the Scripture say, "Hear O Israel , the Lord our God is One
> > Lord", or does it say, " Hear O Israel, the Lord our GodS are Three
> > Lords".
>
> This all goes to show that you are NOT listening to what the
> trinitarians
> have been saying all along. NOBODY disputes "One-God"...

That's right, kev.  A favorite pastime of oneness petnecostals is to
proclaim all Trinitarians as believing in three Gods.  As a oneness
pentecostal for many years before being set free, I know I was shocked and
amazed that any Christian would believe in three Gods, thus reinforcing my
opinion that we oneness pentecostals were the only true Christians.  But
when I started reading the bible for myself and understanding the one triune
God, I understood that this oneness pentecostal cult teaching that
Trinitarians believed in three Gods was just another of their fearmongering
propaganda techniques for which they are so well known.  Very similar to the
fearmongering propaganda that women who cut their  hair will go to hell.

The key for assuring success for such fearmongering is to keep folks
ignorant as to the true message of the bible.....salvation by faith in the
blood of Jesus Christ.  If there is one doctrine that is taught against in
oneness pentecostalism, it's that doctrine.  Faith only in Jesus only.

--------------2882A0E283A548F67021DE48--