[Fwd: What Non-Pentecostals Think]

Robert Donald Taylor (roblin@bellsouth.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:19:04 -0500

--------------59CC0D32AE84913E25D1B61F

My posts are the ones with the snip mark in front.   The others are from
a Rev. Mike Bugal

Robert D. Taylor

--------------59CC0D32AE84913E25D1B61F

From: "Mike Bugal" <revmikeb@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Subject: Re: What Non-Pentecostals Think
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:10:03 -0500

Robert Donald Taylor <roblin@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:37C978A3.D75FF573@bellsouth.net...
> Well Doc, you got it all together, don't you!!  Oneness heresy, I thought
you
> bunch, believed in One God??

Brilliant non-sequitor here, Robert. The "Oneness Heresy" isn't the belief
in "One God". But then you really know that, don't you?

>We read the whole Bible, thank you very much!  On
> the contrary, the Whole Book, Old and New Testament, is based on One
Principal, "
> Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord".  Where did you get the
trinity from,
> Rome?  Of course you did.  The harlot church

"The harlot church"? You mean the one that believes that you have to be
baptized to be saved? The one that believes that it's "ministers" have the
right to forgive sins or retain sins? Hmmm! They seem to have a lot more in
common with Oneness Pentecostals than with us.

>will gather all her whores in one
> day, will you be in that number.  They only ones that will not except,
will be the
> Jesus Name Christians.

Robert, think you can substansiate this from the Bible? Not the "great
whore" part from Revelation 17... that is just a matter of conjecture. I
mean the part that says that only Oneness Pentecostal are going to be saved.

>A few years ago, in New Orleans, La., a World Wide meeting
> was held to try to get all the major churches of the Christian Faith
together.
> Charismatic, catholic, numerous, "pentecostal" bodies, baptist, Lutheran,
> methodist, and so forth, were there.  The major theme of the meeting was
to bring
> all those groups together.  They chanted and ranted and raved for hours.
They
> brought out one major thing they had in common, was that they were all
> trinitarians.

And ALL Trinitarians were there? Do you seek to excuse the error of your
cult by the error's of others?

>No Jesus Name people will give allegiance to the one world
> church!!

Nor will most Trinitarians. In fact, I'm willing to estimate that Oneness
Pentecostalism WILL be part of the One World Church... which will not be the
Roman Catholic Church per se but an "church" that will be an amalgamation of
all religions. They will probably be willing to accept your doctrines in the
"interest of unity"... just as groups like Trinity Broadcasting does now.
That's what T.D. Jakes is doing on a network with true Bible scholars such
as Charles Stanley and Adrian Rogers. Of course, he plays down the fact that
he is Oneness (both on Trinity and on his website) so that he can slip
Oneness error under the door of the unsuspecting and ill equipped.

> Jesus is coming back for a Church, called by His Name.  You will not even
be water
> Baptized in His Name.  If you do not take His Name, how in the world can
you be
> His Bride??

"You will not even be baptized in water in His Name": You say this as if it
were scriptural. It's not... as has been pointed out and proven time and
time again. Yet you use this unscruptural doctrine to judge yourself saved
and others as unsaved.

Also, it has been pointed out to you that this "taking the name" thing is a
cultural tradition... not a scriptural one. Additionally, the bride isn't
called by the groom's name until AFTER the wedding. We are only engaged now
and won't be the Bride until the Bridegroom comes for us. Then, and only
then, will we receive a new name (Revelation 2:17 and 3:12).

> THIS IS RANTING AND RAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we know. It definitely isn't sound doctrine.

In Christ,

--
Rev. Mike  Bugal
Heartland Chapel Ministries