salvation

Dave (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:56:45 -0700

G.W. Sullivan wrote:
> The question went unanswered. Yes, I saw what YOU have done, Dave. But,
> I have NOT seen in any of your previous posts what *YOU* believe it
> takes for a person, any person, to get into heaven. Not in the past,
> what do you NOW believe it takes to get to heaven?

Dave responds:
By simply putting your faith and trust in His Redemption. It's His Blood
that washes away our sins by faith, nothing else - Romans 3:25
25	Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his
blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are
past, through the forbearance of God;
Acts 3:19
19	Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted
out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the
Lord;

I also believe that one who has repented of their sins, must ask Christ
into their heart and should be water baptized in the name of our Lord.
Some may have already received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. If not,
they should receive it. Then, we are to work out our own salvation
(no...not get saved by works...Eph.2:8-9 says we're saved by grace).

The only way one can forfeit their salvation is if they live a
hypocritical life, lack the love of God, or refuse to forgive and walk
in bitterness. These sins can easily keep a person out of Heaven. There
are sins which God will forgive, including these. However, these will
most likely keep many out of Heaven.

I hope this satisfies you. You seem to be direct with me just because I
refuse to go about it the way you do. Not everyone uses the same
approach as you do, i.e.,  confrontational, direct, etc. You can really
turn a lot of people off. I'm not interested in scattering, I'm
interested in reaching out to the lost without beating them over the
head with the Bible (just a figure of speech)