salvation

Dave (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:56:47 -0700

G.W. Sullivan wrote:
>  I appreciate your response. I only kept the portion I wanted to respond
> to. The rest is a still a little vague, but I'll leave it alone.
>  As to being confrontational and direct; the only way to get clear
> answers is by asking clear, direct questions. The word says that
> judgement begins at the house of God.
> (1 Peter 4:17) We will be judged by what we do with what we know.(Luke
> 12:48)

Dave:
Then let Judgement stay in the House of God. God will speak through a
man of God from the Word.

G.W. Sullivan:
> I won't get into a
> bragging contest, but I can show much fruit to back up my approach to
> the lost. But, I have learned that until a person realizes that they are
> lost, they can never find salvation.

Dave:
Sounds like it. But that's you. I don't have to say anything. People see
my fruit. I don't have to compare numbers to numbers. That's wrong. Even
the Bible forbids that. Look at the following:
2 Cor 10:12
12	For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves
with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by
themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

So you are forbidden to "commend" yourself.

G.W. Sullivan:
>  When I see someone attacking holiness, and glorifying trinitarian
> churches, and apparently equating their beliefs with those of
> apostolics, I have to ask myself, and ultimately you, "what is the
> motivation here?"

Dave:
Just because someone disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean they
are attacking your understanding of holiness. I never view people who
disagree with me as "attacking" or "persecuting" me. This is silly.
People outside of Apostolics have a right to their own opinion. You
disagree with their theology, but I would not say you are attacking
them. It's only when you go looking for something to pick at, then that
may be attacking. But to share your faith with them and they in turn do
the same is not wrong...it's educational. You may both walk away still
not convinced, but at least both have learned where each other are
coming from.

G.W. Sullivan:
 To know the truth is not enough, the word says if you
> do not receive a *love* for the truth, God, himself, will send a strong
> dilusion that they might believe a lie and be damned. (2 Thes.2:11)
Dave:
The truth about what? Oneness only? What about the truth that we should
love our enemies? Do good to those who persecute us...and pray for them.
Some Aposotolics have a difficult time loving Trinitarians. By hearing
them talk about trinitarians the way they do doesn't seem like they like
them too much. Just my  observation over the years.

G.W. Sullivan:
I'm not judging you, I am only showing my train of thought.
>  I will not try to convince you that my way is best.

Dave:
It appears that you tried anyway, but I disagree with your approach. But
that doesn't mean anything. I'm only one person. You may have a hundred
who agree with you. My only point is this: Don't ever put anyone down
who may want to be friends with a Trinitarian. You seem to have a
problem accepting this. Look what you said:

G.W. Sullivan:
> But, if all you're
> doing is being "buddy-buddy" with them, their blood will be on your
> hands. We know too much to keep silent.

Dave:
Sometimes, we don't even have to say a word. We are living epistles read
of *all* men.

God bless you in your enthusiasm to share the gospel...but I think it
would be wise to share the gospel with those who don't attend church at
all. Trinitarians' blood will not be in my hands. They have the Bible.
The verse you tried to use on me about their blood being on my hands is
regarding those who don't know about God and salvation. Trinitarians
already have the Bible as their guide. It's not my job to staighten them
out in all their theology. Even when Jehovah's Witnesses come to my
door, I am friendly with them and hear them out. After all, they came to
my door, I didn't come to theirs. They have something to say and I will
hear them out. I then share verses with them that show the Deity of
Christ and salvation by Grace through the Blood. They walk away thinking
about what we've discussed. I let the Word speak for itself.