[Fwd: And you say we are Cults!!]

"Floyd E. Avery" (feavery@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:57:04 -0500

Greetings in Jesus Name,

Robert Donald Taylor wrote:

> This is a response to one of my posts by a ex-oneness.  Had been Oneness
> for nearly 40 years.  See how the devil works.
>
> Robert D. Taylor

He then forwarded part of a conversation between him and a Trinitarian
Pentecostal.

Floyd replies:
First let me say that I am NOT a spokesperson for this list. The
opinions expressed are my own and may not be shared by anyone else on
this list.

Second, this post is not about Bro. Taylor. I do not intend these words
to be unkind or a rebuke of any type. My words may be too blunt, but I
say them in love.

When I was young, I did some fox hunting. You get some hound dogs and go
out and chase a fox. The funny thing is that if the dogs get close to
catching the fox, you call them off. You know when you go out that you
are not going to catch the fox. The thrill is in the chase.

Bro. Taylor, in reading your post, I get the impression that you enjoy
the chase. I would like to share a thought with you.

I grew up UPC, but I joined the US Air Force, after my pastor told me
not to, and my home Church abandoned me. (Remember Vietnam and the Army
draft?) The pastor of the next UPC Church that I walked into told me in
the first 5 minutes after I met him that the Church had decided that
they would just as soon not have the military around. So I did not leave
Oneness because I didn't believe in One God or Jesus Name Baptism.

Too make a long story shorter, I left and went to the Assemblies Of God
for several years. Yes, I still love the AOG and consider some of them
saved. They were there when I really needed them. Both of my daughters
received the Holy Ghost in the AOG. (Both are now baptized in Jesus
Name) Do I believe that they were saved when we were in the AOG? Yes I
do.

While I was away from Oneness, I met lots of people that gave me the
"hell is going to be a lot hotter for you because you know the truth"
lecture. If just one person had said "I love you and I believe you are
making a big mistake, but I am going to Pray for you", it may have made
a difference.

Do you remember the old saying about how "you can catch more flies with
honey"? You don't have to compromise the truth, but if you don't love
the people and present the message with love, you are wasting your
breath. And dare I say that you may even be driving them away from God
and cheating them out of the opportunity to be saved.

One last suggestion. The quickest was to loose the opportunity of
winning a Trinitarian to the Oneness position is to accuse them of
believing in three Gods. They will know that you do not know what you
are saying, and they will not believe anything else you say.

The AOG official statement is:
The One True God
The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I
AM," the
Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further
revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and
association as
Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Eph 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things,
which is the head, even Christ:
(KJV)

Christian love,
Floyd E. Avery
mailto:feavery@worldnet.att.net

So I'll worship only at the feet of Jesus. His cup alone-my Holy Grail.
There'll be no other gods before Him. Just Jesus only will never fail.

(Gaither Vocal Band - I'll Worship Only At The Feet Of Jesus)