beard -Reply

Mark W. Bassett (mbasset@pcnet.com)
Sun, 1 Oct 1995 04:38:21 -0500

On Sat, 30 Sep 1995 13:51:59 -0500, you wrote:

>>Bro Blume:

>We know that this text is teaching on the subject of hair if we take in the
>whole context.  Verse 14-15"Doth not nature itself teach you that if a man have
>long hair, it is a shame unto him?  But if the woman have long hair, it is a
>glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."  We must not add
>anything that isn't written!

I agree. One man said he could "prove" otherwise. Its a shame to let
such suggestions stand without challenge. In any case, there was no
further comment. Neither does the Bible acknowledge contention, in
this instance (as we also read in 1 Cor 11). So, its left at that.

Thanks for your stand for the truth!

--
The Whole Gospel to the Whole World    -   Life Tabernacle UPC
"Preaching the Kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ,