I'm shocked -Reply

Mark W. Bassett (mbasset@pcnet.com)
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 05:13:28 -0500

On Sat, 30 Sep 1995 13:56:30 -0500, you wrote:

>I agree Chris in context the verse speaks about  what is "foolishness to
>Greeks and stumbling block to the Jews."
>
>Jesus Christ's death on the cross which is the Gospel message.  Nowhere
>did paul suggest preaching not rationalized in terms of the Gospel.

AS I am unsure that all the text I submit makes it around the look,
let me repeat my agreement with your statement. As written to Chris, I
never intended to imply "irrational preaching" was of any value.

Furthermore, Jesus' death on the cross is a component of the gospel
message, but not *the* gospel message which saves.

--
The Whole Gospel to the Whole World    -   Life Tabernacle UPC
"Preaching the Kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ,