[UTMB76A@prodigy.com: Fwd: Masonry/Mormonism 3]

"Robert J. Brown" (rj@eli.wariat.org)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 05:11:01 -0500

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 12:10:44 EDT
From: UTMB76A@prodigy.com (MRS CAROL J VAN DRIE)
To: rj@eli.wariat.org
Subject: Fwd: Masonry/Mormonism 3

-- [ From: Carol J. Van Drie * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

> [...]
> north and sough, my bowels burnt to ashes...
>     11.  The sign of the penalty is similar in both cases,
> (The description of this sign which appears in Temple
> Mormonism is not completely accurate; therefore, we are
> using the account that appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune.
> The reader can see that this is the way the sign is given
> today (see page 470 of this book) ["this book" refers
> to "Evolution of the Mormon Temple Ceremony; 1842-1990 by
> Tanner.  An address and price for this book will be
> included at the end of this particular issue) - also -
> these differences in the Mormon temple ceremony will be
> discussed later].
>    MORMONS - "In this, the left hand is placed palm upright  directly
in
> front of the body, there being a right angle     formed at the elbow;
the
> right hand, palm down, is placed    under the elbow of the left; then
> drawn sharply across the   bowels, and both hands are dropped at the
> side.' (Salt Lake
> Tribune, Feb. 12, 1906).
>     MASONS - `The Penal Sign is given by putting the right   hand to
the
> left side of the bowels, the hand open, with     the thumb next to
the
> belly, and drawing it across the       belly, and letting it fall;
this is
> done tolerably quick.    This alludes to the penalty of the
obligation:
> `Having my
> body severed in twain,' etc.'
>     12. In both cases a `name' is used.
>     MORMONS - `The Name of this token is the Son, meaning
> the Son of God.'
>     MASONS - `...the word or name is Tubal Cain.'
>     13.  The conversation at the `veil' in the temple
> ceremony is very similar to that of the `Fellow Craft
> Mason' when he is questioned concerning the `grip.'
>     MORMONS - `Lord-What is this?'
>     `Endowee-the second token of the Melchizedek
> Priesthood-The Patriarchal Grip or Sure Sign of the Nail.'
>     `Lord-' Has it a name?'
>     `Endowee-' It has.'
>     `Lord-' Will you give it to me?'
>     `Endowee-' I can not for I have not yet received it.'
>     MASONS - `...What is this?'
>     `Ans-' A grip.'
>     `A grip of what?'
>     `Ans.' The grip of a Fellow Craft Mason.'
>     `Has it a name?'
>     `Ans.' It has.'
>     `Will you give it to me?'
>     `Ans.' I did not so receive it, neither can I so impart
> it.?'
>
> [Here, in the interest of time, I will skip to other
> similarities.  What follows number 13 in # 14 & 15 , is the
> similarities between the grips known in Mormonism as "The
> Sign of the Nail." and the Mormonism vow of chastity and
> the similarities between it and Masonry vows.  In interest
> of space and time, I will now skip to number 16.]
>     16.  The `Oath of Vnegence which used to be used in      the
Mormon

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------

--
--"Hear now my reasoning, and harken to the pleadings of my lips." [Jb 13:6]--
Robert J. Brown  (Bob/Rj)   rj@eli.wariat.org  1 708 705-0370 (vmail/fax/data)