[UTMB76A@prodigy.com: Fwd: Masonry/Mormonism 4]

"Robert J. Brown" (rj@eli.wariat.org)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 05:12:18 -0500

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 12:10:56 EDT
From: UTMB76A@prodigy.com (MRS CAROL J VAN DRIE)
To: rj@eli.wariat.org
Subject: Fwd: Masonry/Mormonism 4

-- [ From: Carol J. Van Drie * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

> Date: Saturday, 02-Sep-95 07:35 AM
>
> From: Carol J. Van Drie        \ PRODIGY:     (UTMB76A)
> To:   Christia/all             \ Internet:
> (christia@asuvm.inre.asu.edu)
>
> Subject: Masonry/Mormonism 4
>
> MASONRY/MORMONIS CONT. PART 4 >>
>     17.  Both Mormons and Masons change clothing before
> going through their rituals.
>     MORMONS - `The candidate, being directed to these
> washing and dressing rooms and having divested himself of
> all his clothing, awaits his time in the bath...The
> candidate then retires to the dressing room, where he puts
> on a shirt and a pair of white pants and white stockings.'
>     MASONS - `The candidate during the time is divested of
> all his apparel (shirt excepted) and furnished with a pair
> of drawers kept in the lodge for the use of candidates.
> The candidate is then blindfolded, his left foot bare, his
> right in a slipper, his left breast and arm naked, and a
> rope called a Cable-tow round his neck...'
>     18.  Both Mormons and Masons use an apron.
>     MORMONS - `Adam (Turning to the audience)-'In your       bundles
> brethren and sisters, you will each find an apron,
> you will now put it on.'
>     MASONS - `The Master returns to his seat while the
> Wardens are examining the candidate, and gets a lambskin or
> white apron, presents it to the candidate, and observes,
> `Brother, I now present you with a lambskin or white apron.
>  It is an emblem of innocence, and the badge of a Mason...'
>     [in 19, there is a description by Mormons of the
> annointing of oil that is very similar to the Mason temple
> annointing of oil.  20 compares a new name given to the
> candidate that is much like the Mason part of the
> ceremony.  In 21, in the Mormon Temple Ceremony, the
> candidate cannot pass through the veil until he has given
> certain signs and words, this is also similar to the
> Mason Royal Arch Degree which is the Mason's veil.]
>     22.  In the Mormon temple ceremony a man represents      Adam.
The
> Masons also have a man who personates Adam in
> the degree of `Knight of the Sun.'
>     MORMONS - `Elohim-...`This man who is now being
> operated upon is Michael...When he awakes he...will be
> known as Adam!'
>     MASONS - `Thrice Pussant Grand Master, representing
> Father Adam [remember - Brigham Young, a later Mormon
> "prophet" taught that Adam was God the Father], is
> satationed in the east.'
>     23.  In the Mormon temple ceremony a man represents      God.  In
the
> Mason's Royal Arch Degree a man `personates
> the Diety.'
>     MORMONS - `When all is quiet, a man dressed in white
> flannels, representing Elohim, comes from behind the
> curtain...'
>     MASONS - `One of the members now personates the Diety,
> behind the bush, and calls out Moses!  Moses!'
>     24.  Both the Morons and the Masons consider the square
> and the compass to be extremely important.  The marks of
> the square and the compass appear on the Mormon temple
> garments and on the veil.
>     MORMONS - `We now have the veil explained to us.  We
> are told that it represents the veil of the temple.  The
> marks are the same as those on the garments-the compass on
> the left and the square on the right side.'
>     MASONS - `the three great lights in Masonry are the      Holy
Bible,
> Square and Compass...the Square, to square our   actions, and the
Compass

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------

--
--"Hear now my reasoning, and harken to the pleadings of my lips." [Jb 13:6]--
Robert J. Brown  (Bob/Rj)   rj@eli.wariat.org  1 708 705-0370 (vmail/fax/data)