More thoughts on deprogramming...

"R. Kyle Jones" (rkjones@fas.harvard.edu)
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 00:31:43 -0500

At 06:42 AM 10/4/95 -0500, you wrote:
>In message Wed, 4 Oct 1995 05:06:31 -0500,
>  richardm@cd.com (Richard Masoner)  writes:
>

>> Hey, I have an idea...
>>
>> Why don't we all turn each other in to this cult deprogrammer guy
>> Rick Ross then, after he abducts and tortures each of us, we can
>> *all* sue him for $5 million!!
>>
>> We *are* looking to purchase a building, after all ;-)
>>
>> Richard
>>

>Is this a "serious" suggestion?
>
>York PA needs a new building, will you suggest this to Br. Barker?  He has
>been praying for ideas on how to pay for the building.  :-D

I have an idea on how to get cash for a building project: borrow it from
someone within the church.  Some individuals in your church may have very
large amounts of money in CD's for their children.  If you can provide them
what they want (a good return on their investment), they just might go for
it.  All you have to do is offer them something like 7% to beat their measly
CD rates of 6%.  Just a thought . . .

Also, bonds could be a great way to build your church.  It's been done long
ago in Kansas; at that time, the building was the largest one in Kansas, and
the only one equipped with air conditioning!

But, *PLEASE*, no more peanut brittle!  I have seen churches selling peanut
brittle for so long that, well, I'll spare you the details about how I feel
about it . . .

Kyle
R. Kyle Jones                       || Internet: rkjones@fas.harvard.edu
60 Linnaean Street                  ||           rkjones@galstar.com
Cabot Mail Center, Box 464          || Phone: (617) 493-5957
Cambridge, MA  02138-7521           || http://www.galstar.com/~rkjones/
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth."
                                     Psalms 46:10

R. Kyle Jones is not a licensed nor practicing psychologist, but merely an
undergraduate studying psychology.  Any advice given should not be
miscontrued in any fashion to indicate any form of professional counseling.
Please seek a practicing professional for any mental health or other
professional counseling concerns.