JW & Jan again!

OEystein Hokstad (oeystein@nvg.unit.no)
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:45:54 -0500

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Robert J. Brown wrote:

> Being the free market type American that I am, I would suggest that
> Mr. Haugland seek another provider for his internet access.  Was his a
> university account given to him without his having to pay for it?  I

Yes, it was a free account. But he doesn't need to get another provider,
because he will get his free account back. The University Administration
has overruled the JW-sysop.

> pay $95.00 US per month for my 24 hour per day 7 day per week access.
>
> Or is the government the *ONLY* provider over there?

No, but would you accept being pushed from your free-account, and pay
$95.00 a month - just because the sysop is a Jehovas Witness and doesn't
like your postings?

                                                              If so,
> Mr. Haugland should seek another *COUNTRY* in which to reside and
> conduct his internet communications.  Even many third world countries
> have internet access provided by private companies, with the only
> regulation being that you pay your bill on time.

Temper, temper now. :-)

OEystein
-------

"I have just received a verbal message from Pope John Paul. He encourages
us to continue our efforts in Central-America."
   Ronald Reagan at a conference on religious freedom 16. April 1985

(One of Ron's strange attempts to legitimize the Contras forces. The Pope
was very surprised to hear about what he supposedly had said).

http://www.nvg.unit.no/~oeystein