Re[2]: Cute Fable - good point!

"R. Kyle Jones" (rkjones@husc.harvard.edu)
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 12:06:40 -0500

At 12:58 AM 10/5/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Ten years or so ago, when I was in grad school studying AI and math, I
>studied Prolog, and the algorithm underlying its inference engine, on
>which I later published an article [DDJ April 1986].  That algorithm
>is the Resolution Principle of J. A. Robinson [1965].  It subsumes all
>the sylogisms of Aristotle, and also the one Aristotle missed, which
>was later discovered by George Boole.  The completeness theorem for
>resolution is based upon the concept of a Hebrand Universe.  A Hebrand
>universe is a space of possibilities.  Ehud Shapiro wrote in his "The
>Art of Prolog" book that the "meaning" of a program is all the valid
>ground clauses derivable from that program -- all of the correct
>possible results of executing that program.  This really turned on a
>light in my mind, because I recognized that Shapiro was echoing:
>
>    2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the
>             scripture is of any private interpretation.
>
>A scripture can, and frequently does, have multiple valid
>interpretations.

Interesting.  Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the article?

Kyle
R. Kyle Jones                       || Internet: rkjones@fas.harvard.edu
60 Linnaean Street                  ||           rkjones@galstar.com
Cabot Mail Center, Box 464          || Phone: (617) 493-5957
Cambridge, MA  02138-7521           || http://www.galstar.com/~rkjones/
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth."
                                     Psalms 46:10

R. Kyle Jones is not a licensed nor practicing psychologist, but merely an
undergraduate studying psychology.  Any advice given should not be
miscontrued in any fashion to indicate any form of professional counseling.
Please seek a practicing professional for any mental health or other
professional counseling concerns.