BP- Questions

"Nancy Troutman" (nxt116@psu.edu)
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 00:42:11 -0500

I have been in the church for over 20 years.  Because of job moves, etc., I
have been in far too many churches, and during all these years I have not
noticed any correlation between the size of the church, and the spirituality
of the church.  There is a tiny church in Walnut Creek CA with 10-15
members, in Baltimore there is a hundred, the York PA church has maintained
the same number of people for years.  All of these churches are definitely
filled to overflowing with the Spirit.

Basically, you cannot equate the number of people in the church to the
spirituallity of the church. The success of the pastor is shown by the
spiritual health of his sheep, not the number of sheep.  Man equates success
with numbers, G-d with obedience.