BP- Questions

"Nancy Troutman" (nxt116@psu.edu)
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 02:42:59 -0500 (EST)

Jews will not spell it out.

I am closely associated with many orthodox jews.  It is a small thing that I
do so that I do not offend them before I have a chance to befriend them.  I
do not know what they will read over my shoulder.  They show respect to G-d
by not spelling out his name when not used in worship.  For me to not do so
is saying that I do not respect G-d, which of course I do!  It is not the
gentile custom, but is a custom that I comply with.