Free Abu-Jamal from the death penalty!

OEystein Hokstad (oeystein@nvg.unit.no)
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 17:41:58 -0500

(Sorry if this reaches higher-fire twice, but I only got error messages
when I tried to send it a while ago).

On Sun, 8 Oct 1995 ScAlPhil@aol.com wrote:

> I sure hope we are not about to go down this road again!

I agree, as I said in my intial posting:
"I am not posting this to provoke a new discussion again"

I don't want to reopen the black/white discussion again, but the point is
that there is a person here that has been seriously wronged. The posting
was maybe off topic, but in Norway it is usual for the saints and churches
to speak up if the government wrongs someone. For example: We have many
refugees from Jugoslavia. The government wants to send them back, to a
possible death. Therefore the churches fight their cases in court, and let
them live in the churches. (The police doesn't have the authority to take
them, as long as they stay in the house of God).

Therefore, in my naivety, I thought that maybe some on the list, either
individually or with aid from their churches, would support the struggle
for Abu-Jamal. He really needs a big and strong pressure group to avoid
the death penalty. IMHO the churches have a duty here, it isn't right
that we just leave it to "the heathens" to help him.

Again, I want to direct everybodys attention to Mat 25:44:

"Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and
did not minister unto thee?"

> Its devisive, and there are better things to talk about!

Hope you don't think it is devisive too, to help a man who innocently
awaits a death sentence. :-)

> God Died for All!  God is not Respecter of Persons!  He dont want us to be
> either!

He also died for Abu-Jamal!

 Free Mumia Abu-Jamal

 Mumia Abu-Jamal #AM-8335