Are you censoring?

mhughes@airmail.net (mhughes@airmail.net)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 00:59:58 -0500

Praise the Lord brethren,

I apologize for interrupting with my comments on what almost feels to me =
like a family argument.  I feel like an outsider to this whole situation =
because I have only been on this mailing list for about a week and a half=
 and I by no means know the participants in this situation nor do I even =
have an inkling of the factors involved.

I must admit that, at first, I jumped to conclusions about what was going=
 on. I mean, brother Winter=92s reaction to the situation, real or percei=
ved, *was* inappropriate.

However, upon reflection, I realized I may have very well been guilty of =
the exact thing I was condemning my brother for - being judgmental.  Admi=
ttedly my judgment was more in the realm of judging the fruit he was bear=
ing, but that can be just a short step from condemnation.

There are two sides to every situation.  Brother Bassett (a principal in =
this situation if I=92m not mistaken) very aptly pointed this out tonight=
 in his post on quite a different subject when he said:

>Anyone ever called to moderate an argument knows the pitfalls of
>dealing with the "information channels" of the human spirit when the
>message is purposed for the justification or condemnation of a human
>being. (Read the book of Job, for starters). Does anyone "swear to his
>own hurt" ( per Psa 15:4) ? Not many. How many are justified in their
>own eyes, but not sufficiently sober to recognize the limits of our
>vain self-reflection? Most. Get one party to tell you, "what
>happened". We are AMAZED to find out that EVERY (even the simplest of
>stories) have TWO sides. And what is the best microscope for the
>dividing of these sides? Pit two human beings against one another
>motivated by the existance of an audience.
>
>Jesus Christ, the VERY SPIRIT OF WISDOM, steered clear of this. "Who
>made me a divider over you"?

Wise words brother.  Even the simplest of stories has two sides.

Brother Masoner - I have sent in 4 posts in the last 2 days and have not =
seen them published here.  By no means am I accusing you or anyone else o=
f censorship, I am just stating a fact.  The fault may very well be mine =
(I=92m new to this sort of thing).  The problem may be that you have my r=
eturn address for the list as mhughes@server.iadfw.net.  While I can rece=
ive mail at that address I cannot send it from that address. The address =
I send mail from is mhughes@airmail.net.

I don=92t want anyone here to think I am rude.  I answered everyone that =
sent a response to my original posting, including brother Masoner.  Once =
we get this straightened out I will resend those posts.

Brother Winter - if you are still receiving posts from this list -  Did y=
ou ever consider that there may be a perfectly legitimate reason why some=
 of your posts are not being published?  Just something to consider befor=
e you make accusations.

Again, I apologize for intruding.  If I knew all about the situation I pr=
obably would realize I=92m way off base.  The tongue of the wise useth kn=
owledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

In Christ Jesus,
Brother Mike Hughes
mhughes@airmail.net