Trouble building Linux host mips target binutils

thunder7@xs4all.nl (thunder7@xs4all.nl)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:16:06 +0200

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 10:53:58AM -0400, Scott C. Karlin wrote:
> While following the guidelines of the CrossGCC FAQ
> (version 0.9.1 dated 11/12/98), I ran across an internal
> gcc error.  Here are the commands which led to the error:
>
> ### Here is the command which generates the error
>
> gcc -g -O2 -o as-new app.o as.o atof-generic.o bignum-copy.o cond.o depend.o ecoff.o ehopt.o expr.o flonum-copy.o flonum-konst.o flonum-mult.o frags.o hash.o input-file.o input-scrub.o listing.o literal.o macro.o messages.o output-file.o read.o sb.o stabs.o subsegs.o symbols.o write.o tc-mips.o obj-elf.o atof-ieee.o itbl-parse.o itbl-lex.o itbl-ops.o e-mipself.o ../opcodes/.libs/libopcodes.a ../bfd/.libs/libbfd.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11
There is a sig-11 howto, which goes on to suggest this is probably a
hardware failure - dodgy ram, dodgy motherboard,
overheating/overclocking, something like that. Can you compile kernels
without problems?

Jurriaan
--
PLEASE NOTE: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the Consumer Is
 Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to Exist or Will Exist Only