Scope resolution operator

Is there any chance we could get a scope resolution operator or
function for MOO?  With that, we could properly implement many things
that have to use $utils now, i.e.

$object_utils:isa(obj, thing) ---> obj:$root_class::isa(thing)

$perm_utils:controls(obj, who) ---> obj:$root_class::trusts(who)

A new pass() function that lets you specify whichj parent to pass() to
could be incredibly useful.  Let's say you don't trust your PC owner
not to mess with your :confunc (and you don't want to change player
classes just yet).

@program me:confunc
return pass_to($player, @args);
.

Skipping all intermediate parents, keeping the value of 'this' intact,
and bypassing any evil stunts that may lie inbetween.

Feedback, please.