Re: MOO source level debugger?

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Rich Connamacher wrote:

> One thing I ***REALLY*** want to see is a MOO-Code source level
> debugger.  I'm sure it's on wish lists everywhere.  Has anybody looked
> into how to create one?  Is one in the works?  I spent a lot of time
> trying to figure out how to "cheat" it in-database, using a call_verb()
> function (Calls a verb, regardless of its being +x or -x).  However, it'd
> end up being very messy, and a far better place for it would be to do it
> in-server.

I do plan on creating an in-db debugger.  It will work by adding
$debug:breakpoint() calls, etc, into the code being debugged, and,
with some of the ideas I have, should work nicely.

--Nate

------how original-a signature at the end of every email message------
Nate Massey    G -d+ H s+:- !g(+) p?+ au- a-- w++ v?(*) C++ SU++ HU P+
Geek of MOOs             L+ 3- N+ E K- W M@ !V po Y@ t+ 5 !j R- G? tv-
nmassey@lfa.lfc.edu         tv- b- B+(--) e u** h!(*) f* r++(--) n@ y?