Re: Multiple ownership

> (big =sigh= and wish for group ownership of objects, or even single
> ownership with "tinkering" privileges).

There may be many better ways of doing this, but I have implemented
this in a MOO that I work on this way:  (It gets the job done and
requires little work/coding)

1) create a  .owners property on #1 of the type LIST
2) do a little hacking in $perm_utils:controls to return ok if the user is
    *either* .owner or in .owners  (and of course the wiz check)
3) [optional] you might want to write verbs (mine are @add/rm-owner)
    to interface with the property for you.

I don't know much about minimal db's or what exactly is contained
in LambdaCore or JHCore, but I believe most MOO's would have
$perm_utils:controls.  So this would grant multiple ownership,
assuming objects respected $perm_utils:controls properly and
didn't hard code something like `if (player == this.owner)' everywhere.

Hope it helps.

-Dee
  <><

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index