Re: Backspace/Echo

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Kipp the Kidd wrote:

> There really is something up with the backspace and echo.  My client,
> TinyFugue works, but many people complain that my alpha6 MOO doesn't work
> properly with backspace, and LambdaMOO DOES, and they use the same
> procedure to log in to each...  Is it some sort of code that the MOO
> is/isn't sending?

You're the guy who asked about character-at-a-time telnet mode. If you
have used it anywhere, the telnet client would send the backspace or del
chars immediately because it's not buffering the line and you would have to
deal with them yourself. Maybe this is your problem?

As far as I know TF doesn't care about telnet control codes and will
wait until you're done editing the line locally before sending regardless.

TTFN
Andy