Re: MacMOO

I think the basic MacOS requirements for the MOO would be the
ability to handle AppleEvents, like the shutdown event.  So it
wouldn't be nearly impossible to shutdown the MOO from outside it,
without simply killing the task.

Other apple event support would be nice, but not really neccessary.

The one other suggestion I have is to make it read a configuratoin
file from the prefrences folder, with all the neccessary variables
set in it, such as NETWORK_ACTIVE, the default port, etc.  Then
maybe a nice config app that can alter those variables.  Or, maybe
stick those variables on a STR# resource, so someone can change them
with ResEdit.

I was going to take a look at LambdaMOO 1.8.0 when the
production-ready version comes out, to see about porting it to
MacOS, if I have the time to work on it.  (PowerMac 7100/66, with
CodeWarrior Academic 6, about to get 7 or 8, whenever I mail in that
$&*% registration card) :-)

Phantom

Phantom