Re: anyone ever gotten xerox to clarify the MOO license before?

>Given that, there's fairly little incentive for Xerox to put in any effort at
all to clear up the current legal muddiness over the >status of these
artifacts; any such attempt would cost them time and effort (i.e., money) for
no return that Xerox values.  I >would be surprised if they ever did so, absent
something weird happening, like somebody suing them over the >ownership
question.

>(at least, not that I know of, and I have no incentive to spend money having a
lawyer look into it).

>Enjoy!
>
> Pavel

FYI, when we ran a pilot using MOO in the corporate world, our cadre of
software and internet lawyers spent quite some time pouring over the
information available about the core, the code, etc...  And their answer to us
was -- we can use it.

I'm not sure whether that meant that my Firm, exclusively, could use it... or
that anyone could use it.  So, take this with a grain of salt, I'm not sure
what kind of agreements or legal contracts were drawn, I only know they fixed
it so that we didn't have to worry.  As far as I know, anyone can use MOO for
whatever purpose they choose at the current time.

Regards,
Chimera

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index