RE: anyone ever gotten xerox to clarify the MOO licensebefore?

> It would seem to me that since the MOO code is a derivitive work
> based on a previous work by Stephen White, aka ghond, that if he
> were to GPL the original work, then that would solve the whole
>> problem for once and for all:

Keep in mind that the GPL has, to my knowledge, never actually been
tested in court.

I don't doubt that Stallman and the FSF lawyers did their homework and
worked to craft something that has a good chance of standing up.
However, the fact remains that it's a sufficiently radical/novel use of
copyright law that there's no guarantee that the conditions it imposes
are enforceable; the wrong judge could easily rule otherwise.