Re: stupid newbie question

At 08:37 PM 2/8/96 PST, Bill Lantry wrote:
>she's worried about breakins... and says MOOs are notorious
>among sysops as security nightmares. After months of work
>on my part to get the server acquired and running, she wants
>it shut down and banned.

MOOs are hardly security problems.  Normally, there is no access to files or
network connections.  This can be changed tho, and that is when MOOs begin
to become a threat.  The only thing that might be a problem is people
logging into the machine instead of the MOO and then doing something bad.
I've never heard of this happening...

- Kipp

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index