Re: CRC

>It is faster in that the real work is only done once at the origin of
>the data.  It is an information theoretic convolution of the
>inforation, so that a given CRC is capable of detecting N bits in
>error.  For the purpose here, it is unlikeley that to nearly similar
>MOOs would have the same CRC and the same size and the same filedate.
>I would not trust the CRC alone to tell me they were the same -- it is
>more of a flag to say they are different in this case.  If the crc is
>different, the data is most certainly different.  If the crc is the
>same, look at other factors to be sure.

I was going to use this on verb code, and I doubt that 2 bunches of verb
code would A) Be different B) BOTH Compile/make sense and C) have the same
CRC.  Perhaps it would be best for it to work on any value though, since I
could do the same thing with updating properties.  You must remember that
the general setup for the object will remain the same, and only small parts
of verbs and props will change.  I think that in order to make different
texts with a matching CRC, the texts will have to be VERY different.  It's
not likely that I will modify the object SO much.

- Kipp