call_function()

I know that when a database is loaded into a server that doesn't have some
of the built-ins it replaces them with call_function() calls, but how
difficult would it be to have the server change the call_function calls
back to standard built-in calls when the DB is loaded back into it's normal
server?  I don't see how this would really be much of a problem and it seems
to make a lot of sense.

The easiest way to do this that I can think of is replacing all instances of:
  call_function( "some literal string", ...)
with:
  the same string(...)
whenever a verb is loaded or compiled.  Anyone see any reason not to do this?

 *         Don Schwarz <darkowl@mcs.net>           *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *          http://www.mcs.net/~darkowl            * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * -->Come to EnigMOO  (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *     Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO, ForestMOO, MOOnShine    ***************************
 *  Dark_Owl @ everymoo          "The mice will see you now."  --HHGTTG      *