Re: Connection Redirection?

On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Ranalou wrote:

> Say I were to implement a verb on myself, @wiz, which of course is
> wizard-owned and it's sole purpose is to toggle my wizbit.  Save for a
> few minor things (like @chown, for example), shouldn't this allow me to
> fully function as a wizard?  Why play with output redirection and
> 'su'-like commands?  I forsee being unable use any verbs written on the
> wizard player-class, and a potential for a breach in security.  My
> questions are how inconvenienced would I truly be by not being able to
> execute those verbs, and how potentially large of a security hole could I
> open up?

Well, first of all, all the verbs you own would now run with wizperms,
creating *lots* of security holes and possibly causing some badly written
code to break.

 *         Don Schwarz <darkowl@mcs.net>           *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *          http://www.mcs.net/~darkowl            * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * -->Come to EnigMOO  (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *     Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO, ForestMOO, MOOnShine    ***************************
 *  Dark_Owl @ everymoo          "The mice will see you now."  --HHGTTG      *