Re: Prompts

On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, John Moser wrote:

> Hey, was talking to a few people (Kipp, and a few others) about setting
> up a prompt similar to those on MUDs.  Kipp tells me that a while back
> Pavel wrote about how to set this up, and I'm wondering if anyone could
> either a) point me to a FAQ file with this in it, or b) tell me how to do
> it.  Kipp gave me the verb code for a verb named Prompt, but I'm not sure
> how it functions and where it goes.

In 1.8.0, you can just do:

set_connection_option(player, "binary", 1);
notify(player, encode_binary("Whatever the message is."));
set_connection_option(player, "binary", 0);

 *         Don Schwarz <darkowl@mcs.net>           *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *          http://www.mcs.net/~darkowl            * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * -->Come to EnigMOO  (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *     Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO, ForestMOO, MOOnShine    ***************************
 *  Dark_Owl @ everymoo          "The mice will see you now."  --HHGTTG      *