Re: The concept of "wizardly ethics"

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Judy Anderson wrote:
[snip]
> ----------------------
>                 Proposed Code of Ethical Conduct for Wizards
[snip]

I think this is the silliest thing I've ever heard; what private internet
does Karl live in?  He must have harried you quite a bit to get you to
actually respond to this degree (I think I could add a few more 'to's to
that sentence).

Overall I've found the best action to take when somebody is attempting to
make you act to their 'moral' code (or their idea of a moral code) is to
ignore them and hope they will go away and grow up.

To put it blatantly Karl:

    The internet is equivalent to real life; if random groups of people
    were designing special rooms in their homes and then offering for the
    public to enter (of their own free will) would you honestly expect
    to force these people to follow YOUR idea of how they should do this?

-Brandon Gillespie-