Re: FUP and LAG

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Edward L. Haletky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just a quick note to let you all know that FUP is BAD. We thought it could
> be very useful but it ended up costing us nearly a diskdrive, a few machine
> crashes, and huge amount of lag when being accessed.
>
> So we ripped it out this AM. Only thing FUP'd now is our Help.

	Interesting you shuold say that.  I've been running FUP on several
MOOs over at least the past 2 years now and I haven't had a single problem
with it yet.  True there were times I had major lag because of access
problems, but that's your own coding, not FUP.  I fixed the problem and
stuff's running smoothly now.  Next time, you might want to check into
your own coding, what type of data you're putting to disk and what not
before you start saying that it's all FUP's fault.  I'm not the only one
using FUP.  I know many other people who do.  I don't think we're all
having the same problems...or are we?  I know I'm not.

	Junky