Re: Prompts

> I'm curious - what do you do for things that send text to other people in
> the room? For example, if you are in a room with a number of people, you
> would not get a prompt when someone else says something. TinyFugue will
> handle this, but raw-telnet will just leave all the 'listeners' with a
> blank line. Or, for example, take a grandfather clock - you wind up the
> clock, you should get a prompt, the clock then suspends, and every time
> it 'ticks' (sending out text to the listeners), each listener will need
> to be prompted again.

  Besides my patch, it needs some db hacks for prompts to work correctly.
For now, my db can hold texts in buffer when I'm in read()ing or suspend()-
ing, and I modified $player:notify() to print a prompt when others send
some text to you. (using fork(), as most of you could think)

> I use Ian's do_prompt() patch and then do everything else in-db (using a
> very non-LambdaCore), but I'm curious to see if there's a good way to do
> this in-server.

  Indeed, my next goal is to handle all about prompts in server, but not
available for now... :(

	-- Ahn

-----
Ahn, Jin-su    				email:	jsahn@ee.snu.ac.kr
School of Electrical Engineering	LambdaMOO: Deedlit(#103811)
Seoul National University, Korea

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index