Re: Ansi Escape codes

At 10:23 PM 3/7/96 PST, slayer@kaiwan.com wrote:
>The ANSI code for clearing the screen is escape + "[2j", although some
>clients don't seem to like it. It doesn't work for me in TinyFugue unless I
>/set emulation raw and that's generally not a good idea.
>If you have dos you can check out the codes for ansi by typing 'help
>ansi.sys' at a dos prompt.

Actually, the code is with a capitol J.  ESC[2J.  That might be why
TinyFugue doesn't like it.

Here are the codes I can remember:

ESC[#A   - Moves cursor up #, or if # is omitted, moves up 1.
ESC[#B   - -- down --
ESC[#C   - -- right --
ESC[#D   - -- left --
ESC[#;#K - Moves cursor to #,# on screen.
ESC[#;#r - Scrolling area is from line # to #.  Cursor is moved
            to the top of the scrolling area.
ESC[r    - Set text-scroll size to full screen and move cursor to top.
ESCM     - Moves the cursor up one.  If it's at the top of the screen,
            the text scrolls backwards one line. (Exclude the [)
            This doesn't work with true ansi.  Just vt100 and up.
ESC[#m   - Sets text attributes.  You may include more than 1 code,
            seperate #'s with semicolons (;)
             Attributes:
              1  - Bold
              4  - Underline