Re: Compiling on Linux

At 12:39 PM 3/9/96 PST, you wrote:
>I've been trying to compile a LambdaMOO server on Linux (Slackware 3.0) but
>I can't get it done. When compiling, the system searches for the file:
>/usr/include/linux/types.h where linux/ is a symbolic link to
>/usr/src/linux/include/linux  but this file isn't there.
>And this is just the beginning, I'm afraid...
>I realise this may very well be a linux-problem instead of a Lambda-problem,
>but I do recall having read something about compiling-on-linux-problems on
>this list in the past.
>Has anyone had the same problem and if yes, how did you fix it ?
>Please tell me if I'm out of line here...
>
>Thanx,
>Bruce,
>Archwiz of the MusicMOO.

        I had the same problem on my linux box.  I did a lot of looking, and
found out that I had not installed the 'k' disk set.  You need a, ap, d, n,
and k to run a moo over the net.
If the professeur can make a television out of two coconuts and Gilligan's
hat, why can't he just fix the boat?

Sincerely,
  __          __
 /\ \        /\ \
 \_\ \     __\ \ \____  __  __     __
                                   /\____/
                                   \_/__/
AKA Michael Smith
(Visit me at FrontierMOO manowar.astroarch.com:7000)

(Michael Smith)

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index