Newbies

[Second try sending this message -- the first one went empty?]

So I've just read a message:

>How do I determine what the highest object number is? Is there a built-in
>verb I can call from my programs to do this?

...which had a signature identifying the sender as a wizard on one MOO and
as an ArchWizard on two others.

I think this underscores even more the need for supportive, LambdaCore-
based environments for people to learn programming, before they get the
.wizard bit and have the potential to break everything.  (One's first
UNIX account should never be root. :-)

I don't have the resources to run yet another MOO, but I would be willing
to help -- in my very limited free time -- set up a free-progbit LambdaCore-
based MOO for people to cut their teeth.  (Plus it would stop me from screaming
"RTFM DAMN IT" over and over and disturbing my neighbors.)

Seth
Seth I. Rich - sir@po.cwru.edu
                                 There is nothing more precious than
Rabbits on walls, no problem.    a tear of true repentance.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index