[rhiggins@cybercorp.net: PANIC: Caught signal 11]

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:39:23 PST
From: "Dr. Rob Higgins" <rhiggins@cybercorp.net>
To: moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
Subject: PANIC: Caught signal 11
Sender: MOO-Cows-Errors@parc.xerox.com

Greetings folks, I've been off this list for about a year and a half
while running GymVMOO, but there has been a couple of problems
that I've gotten around or put up with for some time. Now, one
of them is being more difficult than usual.

I'm running MOO-1.8.0p4 on Linux 1.2.13
The database has 984 objects and is about 2.7M

After starting the program, it PANIC dumps and dies
on the first access attempt with the following log output:

Mar 21 06:39:56: ACCEPT: #-2 on 7 from cybercorp.net
Mar 21 06:39:56: *** PANIC: Caught signal 11
Mar 21 06:39:56: *** COMMAND HISTORY:
Mar 21 06:39:56: #-2:
Mar 21 06:39:56: #71:incoming_connection, line 7:  server panic
Mar 21 06:39:56: ... called from #0:do_login_command, line 5

Any ideas on what I can do here?

Second problem:
Another ongoing problem, when it is accepting connections,
is that it seems to give problems to users of standard
Windows telnet programs. It seems that the same user
can connect ok with any MUD/MOO client, but when using
telnet from Windows the first screen appears but the
connect command doesn't work. Sometimes it is a matter
having the users turn on local echo, because they are
just not seeing what they are typing, but in other cases
the connection can't be made.

Any help on either of these problems will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

 Dr.Robert N. Higgins Ph.D. |          ~ ~ ~ GYMNASIA VIRTUALES ~ ~ ~
      CyberCorp Inc.        |      GymVCOW - http://www.cybercorp.net/COW
  rhiggins@cybercorp.net    |    GymVMOO - http://www.cybercorp.net/GymVMOO
 http://www.cybercorp.net   |   GymVCourses - http://www.cybercorp.net/gymv