> 3:    this:announce_all(this.message1);
> 4:    suspend(180);
> 5:    this:announce_all(this.message2);
> 6:    suspend(25);
> 7:    this:announce_all(this.message3);
> 8:    suspend(60);
> 9:    this:announce_all(this.message4);
>10:    while (this.contents)
>11:      this:announce_all(this.next_msg);
>12:      suspend(100);
>13:    endwhile
>14:  endif

Horrible... ghastly...

This will only work when a player enters an empty room with
no other objects or players in there.  And if anyone else
enters they will see the tail end of the messages... and
will keep getting spammed every 100 seconds as well.

I'm not sure why you can't just put the information into the
description.  And you must have some VERY slow readers there.
I mean, 180 seconds to read a line of text!  I could read most
of War and Peace in that time!

But if you MUST do this sort of thing...

    suspend(60);
    player:tell(this.message1);
    suspend(180);
    player:tell(this.message2);
    suspend(25);
    player:tell(this.message3);
    suspend(60);
    player:tell(this.message4);
    while (player.location == this)
      player:tell(this.next_msg);
      suspend(100);
    endwhile

    /t

Tom Ritchford     tom@mvision.com, tom@weirdos.com

Verge's "Little Idiot" -- Music for the mentally peculiar.
1-800-WEIRDOS           http://www.fly.net/~verge